Course Content and Information
As some material is on screen and some is written, then is suggested you bring distance and reading glasses as applicable.
All venues have appropriate disabled access and facilities.
We aim to use microphones and the loop system- Sandal may have limited support
Foundation Module 2016 Edition
The focus of this training is to promote awareness of possible safeguarding concerns.
This training aims to equip all adults, both volunteer and paid, working in different roles in the Methodist Church to feel confident to share safeguarding concerns with the appropriate person.
The Creating Safer Space Foundation Module 2016 Edition training will help you:
- know that safeguarding is everyone's responsibility and integral to being church
- have a better understanding of good safeguarding practice within the Methodist Church
- know when to have concerns about the safety and welfare of a child or adult
- appreciate your responsibility for sharing concerns about a child or adult
- be aware of who in the church to go to with any concerns
- recognise potential blocks within the church to responding well
- be aware of the impact of the Past Cases Review (PCR) findings on good practice.
Refresher - Foundation Module 2016 Edition
The Methodist Church has developed refresher safeguarding training for those undertaking various roles and responsibilities in the Methodist Church, who completed the Foundation Module between 2011 and 2016.
The Creating Safer Space Foundation Module Refresher 2016 Edition training aims to:
- remind you that safeguarding is everyone's responsibility and integral to being church
- refresh your understanding of good safeguarding practice within the Methodist Church
- learn from the Past Cases Review and note the current national context
- identify how to tackle potential obstacles to responding well within the Church
- reflect on your responsibility for sharing concerns about a child or vulnerable adult
- recognise emerging forms of abuse
- consider the needs of survivors.
last update NAS 2/9/18