Lindale Methodist Church
Brandy Carr Road, Kirkhamgate, Wakefield. WF2 0RJ
The Mission of Lindale Methodist Church is to respond to the good news, revealed in the gospel message of God’s love, through worship, fellowship and outreach by serving the local community and beyond as Holy Spirit-led disciples and followers of the teaching and example of Jesus Christ.
- Sunday Family Worship (10.30 am). No Sunday Junior Church.
- Informal Worship (10.30am) on the first and third Sundays each month.
- Weekly Sunday evening services are no longer held but, usually, there will be a Prayer Service on the last Sunday of each month at 6pm.
- Holy Communion held at least once each month.
- Baptisms usually held as part of Sunday service.
- Afternoon joint Remembrance Service held with village Community Association each year.
Tuesday - Women’s Institute (Third Tuesday evening, each month 7.30pm)
Wednesday - Searchers' Group (Second Wednesday of the month at 6.45pm). Bible discussion.
Thursday – Church Fellowship with invited speakers, games, crafts or a meal. (Third Thursday evening, usually at 6.30pm, each month, but meeting at 2pm during the winter months)
Saturday – Open Door Coffee Morning (First Saturday, each month, 10am to 11.30am)
Lindale is located on the north side of Wakefield on Brandy Carr Road, Kirkhamgate. The Village Community Centre is located next door and the Junior and Infant school directly across the road. The School occasionally holds events in the church.
Revd Robert Drost
Telephone : 01924 373287
(Photo to follow)
Services in January 2018
Sunday 7 10.30am Miss Heather Emms
Sunday 14 10.30am Rev Rob Drost (Covenant Service)
Sunday 21 10.30am Dr Peter Muir
Sunday 28 10.30am Miss Margaret Dodd
ADVANCE NOTICE: Friday 27 April 2018 - Chris Irvin Concert Orchestra (Details to be announced
in due course)
This picture shows the display at the front of the church on the occasion of the Church's 25th anniversary weekend in October 2016:
.........and at Christmas we had 2016 silver anniversary stars: